Sequoia Scientific LISST-Horizon
Plumbed to continuous underway uncontaminated seawater, it continuously measures particle size distribution, concentration, and inherent optical properties.
A first prototype has been delivered to NASA. Sequoia is taking orders for the LISST-Horizon.
- Automated deployment in flow-through seawater systems, including clean water backgrounds, cleaning, and scattering standard measurement
- Mixers in the sample chamber to keep particles suspended during measurement
- Automated filtered sample background using attached external particle filter (0.2 μm)
- Measures near-forward (0.1-15°, 36 log-spaced detectors) and side scattering (35-150°, 24 detectors) from a 520 nm laser source
- Beam attenuation and particle sizing from proven LISST-200X optics, with extended pathlength for application to offshore waters
- Side scattering allows for particle sizing over an extended range, ~0.2 to 500 μm
- Raw data stored internally and offloaded via ethernet for processing with provided MATLAB software