It is capable of measuring directional waves, ice thickness and ice drift from up-looking installations of up to 150 meters depth.
This 250 kHz frequency, true broadband instrument brings you a host of features and benefits carefully developed around the needs of the scientists and engineers working both within academia and in the offshore industry.
It has been designed with a broad range of applications in mind: Nortek has built a rugged, robust system optimized for operational users, while also offering innovation in data investigation capabilities and accuracy to scientific researchers.
- 200 m current profiling range
- Wave height and direction from 150 m installation depth
- Ice thickness and ice tracking
- Ice drift and draft measurements
- Directional wave measurements
- Mid-depth current profiles
- Studies of tidal currents
- Plankton migration studies
- Upwelling and downwelling studies
- Large-scale mixing studies
- Suitable for wave buoys